I see a lot of potential to manipulate time and light elements with Max/MSP, so I have begun collecting footage of things that may be interesting to:
- Speed up, slow down, time lapse, reverse, etc.
- Apply filters of light to, and play with lens glare a little
Here is an example of some footage I collected recently – biking around Brooklyn. Hopefully it can turn into something nice!
I also like:
- Videos-on-wheels, whether out the window of a car, on a bike or train, on a snowboard, ATV, whatever.
- Voyeuristic/surveillance videos of people going through everyday life. A long time ago I made a video project using mostly this type of recording.
- Videos through doorways or around corners. I especially like how sometimes the camera has to adjust to the new lighting mid-recording. It reminds me of the effects they use in video games.